Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blog Log #1

Quote from book: "Aisha kicks me. 'Shut up,' she hisses, then speaks softly to my fathers back. 'Whatever you say, Abba.'"

I picked this quote from the book becuase it gives you an idea of how Nadira's sister, Aisha, feels about Nadira versus their father, Abba. Even though the next paragraph is all about Aisha always getting what she wants and being mean to Nadira, and then Abba always boasting about Aisha and giving her what she wants. It also seems to me that Nadira has low self-esteem, becuase in one page, she says "...stuck with me, his fat and dreamy second daughter" and on another page, "slow-wit second-born who just follows along." I wonder if she will talk about herself like this all throughout the book, or if she will learn to be like herself for who she is. 

4 comments:

  1. Rad Nickie!I thought it was interesting that they had to agree with what their dad said. I agree with the fact that she seems to have low self-esteem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total radness!
    Hopefully Nadira will come out of her shell.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nickie! This is Block B. Your Blog is very bright, and awesomely awesome bananas.

    We liked Alissa's comment about Nadira's dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome (b)log! I love the colors by the way. I was going to chose that statement too. I also wonder if Nadira will talk to herself like this the rest of the book. What do you think, yes or no??

    ReplyDelete