Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blog Log #10

"When I climb into the passenger seat, he flips open the glove compartment to show his gun inside." and "We walk in closer, and then I notice it, right next to a dish of rice and meat. A revolver." 
I thought it was strange that in the book Nadira didn't feel scared or nervous or even uneasy when Tareq showed her his gun in the glove compartment. When Tareq told her not to go tell her friends or say any names or pretend not to know anything, it seemed like a threat, but still Nadira acted totally normal and didn't really seem to care that she spent probably an hour in a car with an armed man. If I got into a car with someone who I didn't know very well who threated me not to tell anyone what was happening, I would run right out of that car! 
I think that Tareq showed her the gun to make sure that there was a difference between a friend and a coworker, and that he had power and knew where to find her and what he would do if she ratted him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment