Monday, March 23, 2009

Blog Log #12 chap. 16

"Aisha's huddled on the sofa, her knees drawn to her chest."
I thought this sentence was really significant because Aisha seemed to always be so confident and leading, but now she is a wreck, closed-up and miserable. It's like all the success and confidence has been sucked out of her! It's pretty sad really, how she turned her life around for the worse. I'm not sure why she helped Taslima leave, becasue it's pretty obvious that Uncle and Aunt would miss her, and I think it's pretty wrong to marry someone just to spite your parents. I wonder if Taslima ever wondered if asked her parents and giving few good point to why she should stay in the states, instead of being kind of a coward and running away. I don't like how she did that, and dragged Aisha in to help her. I wonder what Nadira would have done if Taslima asked her to help her run away? 

No comments:

Post a Comment