Thursday, March 12, 2009

Blog Log #7

"Clearly he's surprised at the way she's speaking in such clear, commanding English."

I thought it was so awesome that Taslima stood up to the immigration officers. I thought it was significant when the immigration officer took a step back when Taslima spoke to him, because I don't think he was expecting an illigal immigrant woman to be so educated about the laws and be brave enough to stand up to him. She showed him that anyone can be strong and commanding if they want to be, even if they do not hold the cards.  

3 comments:

  1. great job nickie! It did seem significant. He seemed to not expect her to be so educated. I'm glad Taslima stood up for herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Rocky!
    I agree that it was totally awesome the way Taslima stood up to the immigration officers. I think he didn't know that she would speak English very well. Great job! I'm so happy Taslima did that. I don't get why she pointed her cell phone at the person though....kina weird. It's like the gun Riff-Raff has...oh and his hair. :D

    Great Job Rocky!
    <3,
    Franky

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Nickie, so true. Yeah I must say she did a pretty good job. I thought it was pretty awesome too. I was amazed that she decided to call Tim though... that kind of ruined her smart-ness

    ReplyDelete